We're nearing the end of the season for Winter Squash, so come to the market and pick up a few before they're all gone!
Roasted Butternut Squash
- Start with 1 butternut squash
- Peel and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Place squash cubes in a large roasting pan
- Coat with a little olive oil (about 1 Tbs.), and 1 tsp. salt
- Roast uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour, or until the squash pieces are tender and most of the liquid has cooked off
- Stir the squash cubes with a large spatula. Then increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue roasting for another 20 - 30 minutes, stirring once after 15 minutes until the edges of some of the squash pieces are a little browned