Saturdays 9 - 1 pm • January 11 - April 12, 2014

Email: corvallisindoorwintermarket@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

FAQ #2: The Mandala Lady

Customer: Do you use a computer program to create your designs?

The Mandala Lady:

Each mandala is hand-drawn using paper and pencil. For the Symmetry and Hyperbolic Tessellation mandalas, I made a graph to put under my paper which allows me to free-hand draw while maintaining symmetry, giving it a more organic look and feel. I scan the drawing into my computer and then trace/draw it into Illustrator. Once drawn into Illustrator, I can then reproduce it as individual prints to color, make it into a greeting card, or put it into a coloring book.

When I’m ready to color or paint it, I print it onto artist quality paper.
Pencil sketch of the "Echo" mandala over hyperbolic tessellation graph

No comments:

Post a Comment