From Wilt Farms Inc./Sunset Valley Organics (Booth 12/13):
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Inactive Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ingredients:2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons lemon zest, about 1 lemon
1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
1 cup SVO frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer.
- Add egg and beat to incorporate. Add milk, almond extract and lemon zest.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the almonds, then
- the blueberries.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Using two small spoons dollop mix onto cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown
around the edges, about 15 minutes.
Cool the cookies on a wire rack.